BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROGRAM
Carolina Internal Medicine, your Patient Centered Medical Home, is now offering a Behavioral Health Program to our Medicare patients in partnership with Community Care of Western North Carolina. The Behavioral Health Program provides services for depression, and anxiety. These conditions may affect your mood, thoughts, behavior, and body thereby adversely affecting your quality of life and overall wellness.
Collaborative Care is the cornerstone of the Behavioral Health Program.
Here is how it works:
– You will be the center of a care team that works to co-manage your path to health.
– Your care team includes your CIMA provider and the behavioral health specialist. A consulting psychiatrist advises the team throughout the course of your treatment.
– Collaborative Care provided by your team may include:
- - Face-to-face encounters with the Behavioral Health Specialist for counseling and problem- solving.
- - Phone calls with the Behavioral Health Specialist to follow up on goals.
- - Health with engaging community resources to support your treatment plan.
If you have questions about the Behavioral Health Program, or think you may be experiencing symptoms of depression, please talk with your CIMA provider, as we incorporate use of validated depression screenings and validated anxiety screenings.
The Behavioral Health Program services are offered to Medicare and Medicaid patients of Carolina Internal Medicine. Some Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plans may require a co-payment or co-insurance for behavioral health services.
Behavioral Health resources are available to our commercially insured patients through our affiliation with Mission Health Partners ACO.