DISCOVER YOUR CIMA PATIENT PORTAL
To enhance your health experience at Carolina Internal Medicine Associates, we have invested in providing you with an Online Personal Health Record that allows you to track and access your health information online. Note that our patient portal is available Monday through Friday. Portal messaging is suspended over weekends and holidays. If you experience an urgent problem please call the office. If you have a non-urgent message to send to your provider please send that during the work week and be advised that it may be 2-4 business days before you receive a response from your provider.
The Carolina Internal Medicine Interactive Portal allows you to do the following, in addition to viewing your online health record:
- Interact with your nurse via email on certain issues
- Request appointments
- Ask Front Office questions regarding your bill
- Allow patient responses for physician initiated inquiries
To receive an Online Portal invitation e-mail, just ask any Staff member or call CIMA at (828) 258-0397.
Look for the invitation e-mail in your in-box.
Follow the instructions to set up your account.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will this be safe and private?
Privacy is a big concern for email communications. Carolina Internal Medicine’s patient portal uses secure communication methods so only you can read the email from us and we know you are the person that is writing to us. You will create a username and password that will allow only you to access your portal. Your email communication will be safe and secure. A copy of your emails will be stored in your chart.
How soon will I hear back?
Our office will try to respond to email messages quickly. In most cases, emails sent after regular office hours will be answered by the end of the following business day, and emails sent in the morning will be answered by close of the same day. If you have a concern that needs to be addressed urgently, it is best to call the office.
What if I need a prescription?
If you need a refill for a current prescription please contact your pharmacy. If you need a new prescription you will need to request a tele health visit or an office visit.
When should I not use email?
Do not use email to contact the office if you think you are having an emergency. Call 911 instead. Examples of an emergency might include:
- Severe chest pain
- Great difficulty breathing
- Significant bleeding
- A feeling that you might “pass out”
How do I view my lab results in the Patient Portal?
If you hover over the bar that says “Low, Normal, High” beside your result, a pop up will appear with the reference ranges for each result.
To view a possible comment from your physician regarding an abnormal lab result, click on the icon to the right of the result. (Note: the physician will only comment when he/she feels further clarification is needed.)
Are you interested? Here’s more information!
Steps to Join
- Say “Yes, I want to join” to any CIMA staff member
- CIMA will send an invitation to your email
- Click on the link in the email message
- Select a secure log-in method using Follow My Health, Yahoo, Gmail, or Facebook to establish an account
(This is an authentication method only, your health record will not be linked to your social media accounts.)
- Enter your one time invitation code (last 4 of your SSN, or year of birth if SSN not supplied to the office)
- Read an agree to the Follow My Health HIPAA/Privacy Statement
- You will then be directed to your health record. Some of your health data will be immediately accessible.