What To Expect
The physicians and staff at Carolina Internal Medicine make every effort to provide efficient check-in and minimal waiting time. While there are occasions you may have to wait, please remember that you will always receive the care and attention you need from our physicians and medical professionals.
To make your office visit go more smoothly, follow these easy steps:
- Always bring a list of your current medications or medication bottles with you.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment to complete all necessary information.
- APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATION: We normally cell-phone text, e-mail, or call if necessary 2 weeks, 2 days, and 2 hours prior to your appointment. It is important that you confirm the appointment.
- Each time you visit us, please bring a photo ID and your current insurance card with you.
- Please check in at the front desk and confirm your appointment.
- If you have a co-pay or a past due balance, you will be able to pay at the time of check-in.
- When the Medical Assistant/Nurse calls your name, you will be escorted to one of the examination rooms.
- Once there, the reason for your visit and other basic information will be taken.
- Then your physician or mid-level provider will see you.
After your appointment, you will be directed to the check-out desk where you will:
- receive a summary of your visit and special instructions from your physician
- pick up your receipt or make a payment
- schedule your next appointment if needed